Feeds RSS

Friday, March 23, 2012

Almond Nut Cookies

Since Vincent was not advised to consume too much dairy product in his dietary, I'm always looking for the recipes which I can exclude milk, butter or cheese. When I found one, I'll be too happy to give it a try...




The ingredients to make this cookies are very simple too. After several trials, I modified the original recipe a little bit (less oil & less sugar) and add in flax seeds & sun flower seeds as well. The outcome is extra crunchy and healthy too.




This has become one of our favorite snacks that I will constantly refill when the container is empty.


Upon my friend's request, I would like to share the recipe as below :-
100g diced almond
200g white flour
50g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4-5 teaspoon flax seeds (optional)
4-5 teaspoon sun flower seeds (optional)
60g canola oil

Mixed all the ingredients well in a bowl before adding the canola oil
Then shape the above mixture into small-ball (each 5-6 g)

Preheat the oven and bake at 175C (13-15 min), then brush egg yolks and continue baking at 160C (10-12 min)




2 comments:

My Family's Memoir said...

YS's favourite too but I have never tried making it before. Can I have your modifed recipe ?

Jessy Lee said...

Ok, I have added the recipe in my entry. Please take a look.

I hope you will please YS very much then. It's very easy to make. I don't think you will fail miserably even though you make it for the 1st time. Try it out and have fun.

Post a Comment